I wanted something “summery fresh” to have this weekend to snack on. Since it’s going to be hot outside, I decided on a mango pico to have with tortilla chips. (It’s also yummy on fish tacos, but don’t tell anyone) It’s best if you can refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors can meld.
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped, tough stems removed (to make about 1/3 c.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 orange or red or yellow bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 ripe mango, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- juice of 1 lime
Mince garlic and then macerate with the salt. Add all other ingredients and mix well.